2017 Arizona Highways Photo Workshop Symposium
Artisan Colour, Inc. was a proud sponsor for this year’s Arizona Highways Photo Workshop – The 2017 Focus on Photography Symposium. We really enjoyed spending 2 action-packed days with over 200 photography and nature enthusiasts from all over the country!
The Arizona Highways Photo Workshop featured 30 breakout sessions, 21 photography experts, an industry expo, and a photography contest.
The list of presenters featured renowned photographers including:
- Internationally-renowned photographer Bill Hatcher – published in National Geographic, Smithsonian, Newsweek, Discovery, and GEO. He is an award-winning photographer that has spent 25 years photographing adventure, science and exploration around the world.
- National Geographic and TRAVELER Magazine photographer Jim Richardson. Richardson has photographed more than 30 stories for National Geographic. His work takes him around the world, from the tops of volcanic peaks to below the surface of swamps and wetlands.
- Local photographer and instructor Suzanne Mathia. Suzanne is a professional freelance photographer, author and instructor, whose work regularly appears in Arizona Highways Magazine. Her photographs capture the diversity of waterfalls, snow-capped mountains, autumn leaves and desert sands, from the magnitude of the immense landscape to the smallest, most discreet of details.
- Mesa-based photographer Kerrick James. Kerrick has been a professional photographer for more than twenty years. He specializes in travel imagery, and he is a regular contributor to Arizona Highways, Sunset, National Geographic Adventure, and Alaska Airlines Magazine.
- And small breakout sessions with many local top photographers, affiliated with AHPW
In between sessions, the attendees had a chance to mingle in the lobby where they could chat with vendors, including Mike from ArtisanHD!
Participants also entered the raffle for some very attractive pieces (we donated a custom print – pictured above), with the proceeds going toward a special youth scholarship program for aspiring young photography talent.
With so many dedicated shooters, it was a real treat to share how some amazing captures could be digitally printed to create show-stopping décor or gallery pieces. Mike was there to help answer product questions, share some tricks on best practices for image exports for print, and guide attendees through the many ways ArtisanHD.com can make ordering prints quick and easy.
AHPW also had some exciting news to share! After growing and evolving the organization for over 30 years, it was time to refresh their brand. This meant looking ahead regarding the ongoing evolution of their digital presence, mobile compatibility and a general facelift for a user friendly experience.
Keeping it local, they worked with the talented team of Six Degrees Branding & Advertising to help them with the Brand evolution and to better present the mission: Inspirational Learning. All of it nurtured and guided by passionate, experienced professionals! We’re excited to see how AHPW continues to improve and expand its offerings.
Thank You to the Arizona Highways Photo Workshop Organizers
These types of events take countless hours to organize. We wanted to give a very special Thank You to Roberta A. Lites – Executive Director of AHPW – and her army of volunteers! We enjoyed the opportunity to once again be part of this special event as a Gold Level Sponsor. Supporting this amazing Arizona-based organization means a lot to us. Our state has SO much beauty to offer, and AHPW shows that beauty to the world with Photography Adventure Excursions. Check this link for all the incredible Workshops.
We hope you enjoyed this blog! Share it with your friends and give the Arizona Highways Photoshop Workshop a closer look. And, of course, don’t forget to pick up a copy of the stunningly curated Arizona Highways magazine!
Printing With ArtisanHD
Even if your work or hobby is not at the “National Geographic” level, you can still have your photographs printed professionally! Visit ArtisanHD to order photographic or fine art prints. If you don’t see exactly what you want, our Custom Print Order Department is here to help you every step of the way.